Wednesday, April 07, 2010

What's Up Right Now



I know I’m still behind in my blog posts but I thought I’d let you know what we are up to right now. We're here at the Costa Rica Yacht Club in Puntarenas. We’re almost ready to head to the Galapagos, then onto the South Pacific; we should be leaving in the next few days. We've been busy with boat projects; Al’s been working on getting leaks repaired, he’s been up the mast a few times installing a lightning rod and repairing something or other up there, those are just a few of the jobs he’s been knocking out. I’ve got the easy stuff; I made new bug screens, boom cover and a bright yellow quarantine flag, Our old bug screens disintegrated in the sun and all it took was hearing that there are no see-ums in the Marquesas to send me into a sewing frenzy. We have done most of our provisioning, except for the last minute bits...meats, fresh veggies, eggs, and fruit, of course we won’t carry very much fresh produce because it just won’t last for the month long trip to the South Pacific. We have a good store of canned goods and that will just have to do us. We’ve nuked and vacuum packed some things to prevent little critters from feasting on our food.

Most days we usually leave our A/C'ed room before 8 in the morning to beat the heat and work until about noon, or until the temps reach above 100 degrees F, whichever comes first. The rest of the day is seems to just go by, going into town, naps, playing on-line, taking showers, and watching the TV in the room. It's funny, I used to be one to never watch TV, but since we don't see any when we're on the boat, I find I tolerate the tele pretty well when it's available.
The
Marina was really hopping last week, it being Semana Santa (Holy Week) the place was full up. Latin American countries seem to take the week off and search out places close to the water to relax and enjoy.

No comments:

WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A FIRE TRUCKING BOAT!!!