Saturday, March 21, 2009

Puerto Escondido and Puerto Angel.






The trip down to Puerto Escondido was a relatively easy overnight jaunt. We liked the combination of Mexican town with tourist area, surfing, great beach and of course an easy dinghy landing is always a plus in my book. The central market was teaming with people, produce and colors; I took lots of pictures, sometimes I get strange looks when I zero in on big baskets of chilies or the head of a pig (most butchers have a good sense of humor). Reviewing my photos, I notice I’ve taken several pig head pics, I guess the look on their faces may say something about their fate. The central markets is one of my favorite places to watch people and take pictures. We stayed a few days, long enough to play on the beach and find a favorite taco stand then say good-bye.

Our next anchorage is Puerto Angel. The guide books say you can tuck in close in behind the rocks but we just couldn’t find the sweet spot for good holding. We put the anchor down once but brought it up again when we saw a group of kids swimming out to the boat. Once they get to the boat, they usually want to get aboard to dive off and that can go on for a while. So we just moved out of their reach and spent the night, leaving early the next day heading for Huatulco.

No comments:

WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A FIRE TRUCKING BOAT!!!