Friday, April 11, 2008

After Yelapa






Once we rounded Cabo Corrientes we continued south to many beautful anchorages and great beaches; Chamela, Playa Perula,Tenacatita, Barra de Navidad, Melaque, Santiago and then Manzanillo.
In Chamela Al bought another pair, of what I call, souvenir shoes. He usually forgets his sandals on the boat when we dinghy to shore; hence he's got a few pair of interesting shoes. In Tenacatita we did what is referred to by other cruisers as the "Jungle River Dinghy Ride. It takes about 3 hrs round trip through mangroves, canopied by flowering vines and 15' aerial roots that dangle into the water. I took heaps of pics of colorful birds and iguanas but never did spot any crocodiles. Before returning we stopped at the Beach for some provisioning and lunch. At Tenacatita landing the dinghy was interesting but not nearly as much as launching. During a dinghy raft up a few folks, even seasoned cruisers, told harrowing tales of getting thrown out of their dinks. I guess I got off esy with just breaking my glasses and having my ring finger turn bright purple. Archie and Bev of s/v Sea-tacean are the unofficial Mayor and mayoress (?) of Tenacatita, whenever landing is advisable they conduct a walks, boucle ball on the beach, beading at the palapa and the weekly raft up. I'd been eyeing Lydia's beautiful bracelet made by Bev and I was able to have Bev make me one as well. I wore it on our special day in Santiago but that's for another blog. Here's some photos.

1 comment:

JillSwanton said...

Hi Al and Yevette!

Thanks for updating the blog. It's great to keep track of all your adventures. Sounds like you are having a great time. I hear you will be in Colorado in June. Can't wait to see you and hear more about your travels :)

Jill

p.s. Uncle Al, I love the new 'do

WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A BOAT, WE'RE ON A FIRE TRUCKING BOAT!!!